Saturday, July 27, 2013

Visiting National Museum of the American Indian

Last week I felt a little bit sad,because I'd love my Mom here with me.She is  an anthropologist,and she works with the Indian people in Brasil,she is very kind and she works a lot,and fights for the Indians' Rights,then during  my visit I was reading the histories and thinking about her.I'm happy because we still have people fighting like my Mom.
The National Museum of the American Indian–New York, the George Gustav Heye Center, is located within the historic Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House. The museum’s permanent and temporary exhibitions—as well as a range of public programs, including music and dance performances, films, and symposia.

Rhonda Holy Bear (Cheyenne River Lakota), Maternal Journey (detail), 2010. Wood, hide, cloth, paint, glass beads, hair, shell, metal. Photo by Mark Damon, courtesy of the artist

1 comment:

  1. Hi Edilaine,

    Now you have an excuse to come back to NY- to take your mom to this special place!!

    ReplyDelete