Wednesday, July 31, 2013

SIX WEEKS LATER...

This is my last week in New York City. I learnt a lot with my new friends, Professors and Coordinators. My classes were very interesting, and the Professor Donna helped me very much. I believe that I improved my English, I can listen and think better in English.
Some of the workshop was good, but I think that the time worked wasn't enough.
What I will use in my English classes is the Blog and the movel Facebook.
Almost of my students don't like to study English, they think that they don't need to learn another language. I'm always trying to use new strategies, games, songs, differents activities to do the best for them. How I know the teenagers and youngs love to use the internet, I will work with them creating a blog and they will should write on it, and write something about a friend too.
The biggest challenge will be to face or accept the education system. In my State, in my City, we have just one class a week and I have 27 differents classes to work.  The worst problem is, even though my English students don't know anything, even though he hasn't reached the proper note to change the grade, I can't hold him/her at the same grade.
Unfortunately, the English Teachers sometimes want to do a good job but they can't, because they don't have a professional recognition, but I won't give up, I like to teach, I love to be a teacher, and now with this opportunity that I had to stay here, I will do the best for my students.
Thanks Fulbright, Capes and St. John's University. Thanks my family, my husband, my three little daughters that are waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment